Looking for the best hiking bag that can fit all your stuff for the next hiking experience? Here are the top 4 best travel bags for hiking.
Top 4 Best Hiking Bags for Travel 2022
With its reasonable price, the Rook 65 certainly has one of the best value for money for the average hiker today. If it is more limited from an accessory point of view, it is still resistant, durable and comfortable, qualities specific to the brand. It still includes a water bladder, a whistle on the chest strap and an internal hydration sleeve, which are useful accessories in case of problems. In addition, its mesh back is perfectly ventilated and it is well protected from the rain.
Its 30 L capacity is perfectly distributed among the four compartments and six zipped pockets. In addition, there is a place for a water bladder and a cover that protects it from the rain. In addition, it is abrasion resistant and consists of a padded and ventilated back and shoulder straps, chest and chest belts, and thumb rests for great user comfort. This 1 kg model is definitely a good option for short hikes with little height difference. According to the feedback, it is practical and displays a good hold.
This hiking bag offers a good number of accessories and a good resistance to the rain. Its capacity as well as its ergonomics make all the great walkers agree. In reality, it is difficult to find negative points in this top-of-the-range model. Only its slightly heavy weight could be raised and of course, its budget much higher.
With its V-shape, anatomical shoulder straps, removable hip belt and padded and breathable back, this polyamide bag is very comfortable for its user, especially since it is extremely light. It includes a main compartment and four exterior pockets, which gives it great versatility. Therefore, it is suitable for day hikes as well as for other small sporting outings. This is undeniably one of the best value for money for this size
BEST HIKING BAG FOR HIKERS: OUR TOP PICKS
|Our Pick, Best Mid-Range||Best cheap||Best high end||Cheap alternative|
|Osprey Rook 65||Quechua NH500||Gregory Baltoro 65||Deuter Speed Lite|
|This hiking bag stands out for its qualitative design, large capacity and particularly efficient ventilation. We especially appreciate its lightness and easy access.||Its great practicality and good performance are particularly popular with buyers. In addition, its affordable price and waterproofness give it a place of choice in our comparison.||It has a large maximum capacity for a high authorized weight. The ergonomics of its multiple pockets and compartments are appreciated, as are its comfort and resistance.||Its extreme lightness makes it easy to carry for its user, especially since it is sufficiently padded, comfortable and sufficient for those who are less loaded.|
|CHECK PRICE||CHECK PRICE||CHECK PRICE||CHECK PRICE|
Best Hiking Bags 2022:
Quechua MH100 40L: It is hardly felt, even if it is worn for several hours, thanks to its very good comfort. The back is well ventilated and it is resistant to friction. It has wide shoulder straps and a waist belt. For the pockets, you find one on the outside, one on the inside, one for water, two side pockets with a mesh and a pocket on the sliding belt. Despite everything, it is not totally resistant to rain.
Osprey Talon 33: This model is made from nylon with a 3D foam back. Available in four volumes, it is very comfortable, in particular thanks to its extreme lightness (990 g). It is equipped with several pockets, a bottle holder, a pole holder and two ice ax holders. However, rain protection is optional and the absence of a water bladder, as well as the sometimes difficult access to the main compartment, can pose a problem for its users.
Deuter Aircontact Lite: Very reliable in the eyes of English speakers. It has a capacity of 65 + 10 L. Its materials are resistant to tears and rain. Its weight of 1.99 kg preserves both support and balance of the back. Ten pockets are responsible for offering an ergonomic design, including a water pocket, a compartment for dirty laundry and a removable belt. On the other hand, there is neither bottle holder nor ski holder, which is unfortunate at this price.
How to choose your best travel bag for Hiking?
Essential equipment for hikers, the hiking bag comes in hundreds of models themselves belonging to hundreds of brands.
Depending on the features offered, some are however more suited to your use than others. These are the characteristics that we invite you to check before making your choice:
- The load supported : for a day trip, aim for a bag that can hold ten kilos, for more comfort (enough to effectively support a few accessories such as a gourde, for example). But for a hike of several days, it will be necessary to favor a model approaching 20 kg of maximum load, allowing you to carry more personal effects, like the sleeping bags.
- Capacity and resistance : an overloaded bag can get holed. So make sure that it provides between 40 and 60 liters of volume for a maximum load of 15 to 20 kg if you are traveling for several days. Resistance is obviously induced by the materials used, but protection against rain and abrasions is always appreciated, even if you are only considering short hikes.
- Size and carrying comfort : Make sure the equipment is suitable for your height and back. Generally, sizes are easily differentiated between men and women, with standard sizes (S, M, L). On the comfort side, you should look at the padding on the back, lower back, shoulders and hip straps. In some cases, this padding is removable, to better adapt to your morphology. Finally, of course, the weight of the bag plays a big role in its comfort.
- The accessories : for regular use, some options may be interesting, such as the number of compartments or pockets. Usually you can find a removable cover, hydration sleeve, tether straps, water bottle holder, elastic pockets, chest and / or chest belt, ski holder, whistle, ice ax holder or a pole holder …
If you want to complete your hiking equipment, we invite you to take a look at our hiking boots, US trekking poles and our Hiking GPS.
- Outdoor GearLab, Best Backpacking Backpacks of 2021, October 28, 2021
- T3, Best hiking backpacks 2021: roomy, feature-packed and robust rucksacks for your next adventure, October 28, 2021
- Wirecutter, The Best Hydration Packs for Day Hikers, October 28, 2021
- Wirecutter, The Best Travel Backpack, October 28, 2021