The Best Lamp for Camping 2022
With its resistance to rain, its three lighting modes and its maximum output of 50 lumens, it can light up to two people in most situations. Easy to use, it works with just one button. In addition to its good autonomy ranging from 4 to 9 hours, it includes two very practical types of charging: via USB or by dynamo, which allows you to help you out in the absence of a power outlet. In addition, it is compact, light and its hook guarantees a suspension above the tent.
IPX4 certified, this hybrid model is both a camping light and a flashlight for hiking. It offers 360 ° lighting with a maximum output of 250 lumens. It works with a battery or with batteries with an autonomy of 24 hours. Plus, it can even charge your electronic devices. Among its other strengths, it is compact and folds up for easy storage, while the two rings allow it to be hung in various places.
This multidirectional lamp can be adjusted in two modes and with a more or less enlarged field of vision. Its maximum output of 600 lumens can light up larger spaces. It is powered by a rechargeable battery or with a hand crank for troubleshooting, and it incorporates a USB charging port that can charge your small electronic devices. In addition, it displays energy class A, it is compact and folds up for easy storage. It can also be suspended. It is therefore no coincidence that it is the best-selling brand.
It has three light modes and a maximum intensity of 200 lumens, which guarantees comfortable lighting for four people. Easy to use, it is operated with a simple button and its autonomy is quite correct (from 7 to 28 hours). Its hook allows it to be hung but it can also be placed, and it is resistant to rain. Buyers appreciate its value for money, mainly because of its efficiency and practicality, but it is a bit heavier (315g).
Best Camping Lamp for Outdoors
|Our choice, Best inexpensive
|Best high end
|Black Diamond Apollo
|Goal Zero Lighthouse 600
|In addition to being efficient, easy to use and not cumbersome, it integrates two types of charging (USB or dynamo), which makes it possible to troubleshoot well in emergency situations.
|It combines the advantages of a camping lantern and a flashlight with efficient lighting, and its folding system is particularly convenient for transport.
|It is ultra-efficient in terms of power and ergonomics, but it also offers a range of options, like its two types of charging and its USB port.
|Its strength is its lighting power that illuminates more than the other models in this price range. In addition, it is easy to understand and practical to store.
Best Camping Lamps for Outdoors:
Black Diamond Moji: An electric lantern to be placed indoors. It is ideal for lighting one or two people. Lightweight and hookable, it is portable, easy to handle and it runs on batteries. It offers up to 100 lumens with variable intensity and includes a memory function. Even if its LED light is not the warmest and it is less suitable for outdoors, it still displays a good quality / price ratio.
MPOWERD Luci Outdoor 2.0: An excellent quality / price ratio for camping, hiking or even water sports. It impresses thanks to its ergonomic design and its degree of resistance to outdoor environments. Easy to handle, autonomous and luminous, it draws on the energy of the sun or its battery, and fulfills its role perfectly. Compact, light and foldable, it is easy to take and hang. In addition, it includes a USB port also allowing it to act as a backup battery for your smartphone. On the other hand, its maximum power is lower than the average.
Goal Zero Lighthouse 400: Good power but heavy weight. This electric lamp provides a pleasant brightness to illuminate several people together. Its multiple power modes guarantee the presence of light at all times. Easy to store and hang, it is very practical. Its intensity is adjustable and its two LED bulbs work independently. It also turns into a Powerbank battery to charge your smartphones. However, it lacks a bit of ergonomics compared to its competitors.
How to choose your the best camping lamp for light?
The lantern is one of the essential camping accessories. Considering the quantity of models present on the market, it is not always easy to make a choice. First of all, let’s determine the two main types of lamp:
- The electric lamp: it mainly uses LED or LED (more economical). It is more durable and easier to take.
- The gas lamp : more dangerous, it works by combustion and often feeds on kerosene or propane, which puts its buyers at risk of fire. It is generally brighter. However, this natural light is more disagreeable to the eye than an LED lantern. In addition, it must be refueled more often than an electric lamp.
Once defined, you must take into account certain criteria in order to choose the most suitable equipment for your practice:
- The power : this is measured in lumens. The greater the value, the more powerful the best camping lamp, and the more it illuminates around it. Some of the best lamps for camping 2022 offer different power levels in order to adapt the brightness to your immediate needs and, if necessary, to save a little autonomy. The best performing camping lamps for outdoor camps can range from 500 to 1000 lumens.
- Its transportability : For hiking use, be sure to choose a small and lightweight camping lamp for hiking (although a flashlight is perhaps sometimes more suitable). In addition, the weight is an important criterion in case you want to hang it from the ceiling of your tent. A handle is also interesting for carrying it or attaching it to certain places.
- Durability : for this, it is necessary to evaluate its resistance to shocks and bad weather. This last characteristic is defined from an IP index which is composed of two digits, one indicating the level of protection against solid particles such as sand and dust (from 0 to 6) and the other communicating the resistance. with water (from 0 to 9). In addition, the material counts and therefore aluminum is the big winner at this level for the best camping lamps.
- The feeding mode : it is also necessary to see its operating mode and therefore the best camping lamp’s autonomy. As such, several adjustable intensity levels allow you to contain your energy expenditure. Indeed, it is better if the light is available at all times. Lanterns with batteries or rechargeable batteries (in mAh) have excellent durability due to their low wattage consumption as well as a good option in terms of expenditure. Solar or hand crank lanterns (less durable) are the most ecological solutions.
- Ergonomics : some models include a USB port for charging a smartphone. There are also lights that kill flying insects. Choose the best lamp for camping cheap with features that are useful.
PS: if you are seduced by the charm of the solar lamp, do not hesitate to consult our selection dedicated to garden models.
- Outdoor GearLab, Best Lantern of 2021, October 22, 2021
- T3, Best camping lantern 2021: rechargeable, rugged, and versatile, October 22, 2021