Finding the best Nordic Walking Poles is essential for a walker to get the best hiking/trekking experience. But how do you squirm your way out of the many good options out there? Let us help you out!
Top 4 Best Nordic Walking Poles for Trekking 2022
Best Nordic Walking Pole: Mid-Range
Newfeel PW P900
Lightweight and comfortable, these poles for demanding walkers benefit from antiperspirant handles and good cushioning. Their tips are grippy, resistant and cut to increase your pace.
With a massive carbon construction, these lightweight poles absorb contact with the ground well, despite some vibrations. Their cork handles are made to optimize control. They are comfortable and do not retain sweat. In addition, there are removable gauntlets. The brand shows a desire to improve grip and speed through their cut tungsten carbide tips. It is available in seven sizes from 100 to 130 cm.
Best cheap walking pole for hiking
These non-retractable trekking poles feature a durable and tough aluminum design. They provide both good handling and excellent grip to easily learn Nordic walking.
These walking equipments are designed for beginners or for those who make irregular outings. Although they are offered at a low price, they are built with great sturdiness. Easy to use, they are sufficiently secure. Despite their large size (six models ranging from 105 to 130 cm) and the lack of comfort of their handles, they guarantee good grip and are a great help. Finally, the tungsten carbide tip promises a nice grip and can be replaced.
Black Diamond Alpine flz Z-Pole
Made from aluminum, they demonstrate durability and extreme resistance to ensure both safety and versatility for long walkers. In addition, they are comfortable and easy to transport.
These trekking poles correspond to what you would expect from a high-end model. Their aluminum design is a guarantee of quality, strength, comfort and durability while their carbide tips embody versatility. Their foldability gives them ease of storage (more than 38 cm). In addition, they are easy to handle and the cork handles (like those of the Newfeel PW P900) and foam are pleasant in that they wick away perspiration. Unfolded, they measure from 95 to 110 cm reaching the smallest minimum size of this classification. However, other sizes are also available.
Black Diamond Distance Z Poles
Very resistant and comfortable, these poles are suitable for experienced walkers wishing to tackle more dangerous paths. They have top quality tips and are easy to store.
This model provides support for your joints. It meets the needs of experienced walkers who traverse more dangerous mountains. Made of aluminum with carbide or rubber tips, it promises both strength and grip. Its folding system is quick and practical for storage. Finally, the EVA foam handles are pleasant to handle and have an anti-perspiration treatment. In addition, it is available in different sizes from 100 to 130 cm.
Best Nordic Walking Poles for Trekking: Our Top Picks
|Our Pick, Best Mid-Range||Best cheap||Best high end||High-end alternative|
|Newfeel PW P900||Newfeel NWP100||Black Diamond Alpine flz Z-Pole||Black Diamond Distance Z Poles|
|Lightweight and comfortable, these poles for demanding walkers benefit from antiperspirant handles and good cushioning. Their tips are grippy, resistant and cut to increase your pace.||These non-retractable trekking poles feature a durable and tough aluminum design. They provide both good handling and excellent grip to easily learn Nordic walking.||Made from aluminum, they demonstrate durability and extreme resistance to ensure both safety and versatility for long walkers. In addition, they are comfortable and easy to transport.||Very resistant and comfortable, these poles are suitable for experienced walkers wishing to tackle more dangerous paths. They have top quality tips and are easy to store.|
|CHECK PRICE||CHECK PRICE||CHECK PRICE||CHECK PRICE|
Best Nordic Trekking Poles: Honorable mentions
Newfeel PW P500: For short walks. Fairly light, this pair intended for short journeys minimizes vibrations to relieve beginner to experienced walkers. It includes comfortable elastomer handles and a removable gauntlet. Round tungsten carbide tips provide better momentum and durability. They offer good grip on hard floors. Other rubber tips are provided and are easy to put on. Nevertheless, the handles stick a bit with sweat and the poles are not retractable.
How to choose the best Nordic walking poles?
While Nordic walking is good for your heart, blood and muscles, the best Nordic walking poles can both relieve your joints, strengthen your balance and reduce the risk of falls. But how to choose them?
This little buying guide should help you see things more clearly, depending on your requirements and your budget:
- The weight : this is an important element. Lightweight poles are much more comfortable to use and carry, while being less tiring when walking. Their weight depends above all on the materials used. Be careful, ultralight poles, most often made of carbon, can also be very fragile and break easily.
- Tidying up : they have different folding systems in order to reduce their bulk. This mainly depends on the number of segments (called strands): two, three, or four depending on the model. The least bulky sticks are those with more strands. Their locking system varies depending on the model. The clip system works with blockers, the screw one is common but less easy to use while the Z-folding advocates interlocking operation.
- The material : the quality of the materials influences the lightness and the resistance. Aluminum and carbon alloys are the most common. More durable, aluminum is also stronger and is mostly found on high-end models, while carbon is lightweight and dampens vibrations, but it breaks very easily. Titanium has appeared on the market relatively recently, and makes it possible to offer poles that are both light and strong.
- Handles : good handles avoid blisters for a comfortable walk. Cork handles (typically seen on high-end models) are durable, comfortable, and sweat-wicking. Plastic ones are cheaper, but they make your hands sweaty. Also inexpensive, rubber is durable and pleasant to the touch. Finally, the foam does not last very long.
- Peaks : these determine the grip and grip of the stick, so as to prevent any fall or slippage. The more wear resistant they are, the less you have to change them. Steel tips are cheaper and less durable, while tungsten carbide tips are more expensive but stronger. As for the rubber tips, they are more suitable for hard surfaces.
- T3, The best hiking pole 2020: top trekking poles to help you get more from walking, October 13, 2020
- Wirecutter, The Best Trekking Poles, October 13, 2020