Are you looking for the best Swiss Army knife for your or your loved one’s safety? Here are some of the best ones out there!
Our Picks for The Best Swiss Army Knife 2022
This model offers up to 15 tools which allow it to be used in many areas: hunting, mainly, but also camping, survival, DIY or fishing. Thanks to its easy handling, it is very comfortable to handle. Its manufacture has also been neat, with durable materials, which explains its lifetime warranty. Its compact size also makes it easier to transport.
This Swiss Army Knife is the essential model for a quick manicure. It can also be used in everyday life for small, very brief repairs. Its pocket size makes it versatile in a bag or hung on keys. It is also resistant and despite basic functionalities, it displays a fairly exceptional quality / price ratio.
This Swiss Army Knife is certainly one of the most versatile. Indeed, its very many tools (21 in total) allow it to be used for cooking, DIY, aesthetics, fishing and in many other fields. You even benefit from more unusual equipment, like the pen or the magnifying glass. Even if it is more robust, more bulky and therefore more complicated to handle, it displays a build quality worthy of the brand.
This ambidextrous multifunctional knife has a compact size that nevertheless encompasses up to 16 tools. As popular with hikers as campers or DIY enthusiasts, it is easy to carry and is rather easy to handle. Durable and resistant, it is of good quality and comes with its small cover. Despite everything, the placement of certain tools only allowed him to reach the second step of the podium.
Best Swiss Army Pocket Knife: Our Top Picks
|Our Pick, Best Mid-Range
|Best high end
|Victorinox Swiss Army Huntsman
|Victorinox Swiss Army Classic SD
|Victorinox Swiss Army SwissChamp
|This Swiss Army Knife is equipped with a total of 15 tools to offer its buyers versatile equipment and an attractive price / quality ratio. Its durable and reliable design is unanimous.
|This basic model is distinguished above all by its small size, easy to carry, and by the practicality of its basic tools which allow it, despite a limited budget, to be useful on a daily basis.
|This multi-purpose knife is the best equipped, which is why it displays one of the greatest versatility. It is therefore suitable in many settings and is a safe investment.
|This model is interesting thanks to its 16 features that allow it to be used in many circumstances. In addition, its design quality offers flawless durability.
Best Swiss Army Knife on Amazon: Honorable mentions
Victorinox Escort: A low budget alternative. This six-function model incorporates tweezers, nail file, screwdriver, toothpick, small blade and ring. Ultra-light (18 g), it has dimensions of 5.8 x 3.2 x 0.8 cm. This compact design attacks a key ring. Its tools are made of stainless steel and you get good design quality. In addition, it includes its storage case. However, it is a bit small for those with large hands, and its competitor has an additional tool.
Victorinox Signature Lite: Original features. It displays seven slightly different functions like the ballpoint pen or the LED lamp. With dimensions of 5.8 x 1.8 x 1.2 cm and a weight of 23 g, its handling is quite pleasant. It is constructed from stainless steel and plastic, and comes with a protective case. Its lifetime warranty is proof of its manufacturing quality. However, its low number of tools places it just behind its competitors in terms of versatility.
Victorinox Swiss Deluxe Tinker: Useful but heavier. This Swiss Army Knife offers 17 tools that are as useful for opening bottles as they are for DIY. Designed with stainless steel elements and an ABS handle, it exhibits convincing quality. It opens and closes correctly thanks to its oiled Nail Nick system. It is 9.1 cm long and 2.2 cm high. Even so, it weighs around 123g, making it heavier than its competition.
How to choose the best Swiss Army Knife for safety?
Well known for many years, the Swiss Army Knife is the essential equipment to help you out in everyday life.
Given the number of models on the market, we have highlighted a few criteria that must however be taken into account before purchasing the best Swiss army knife for your safety and well-being:
- The care of : first of all, you can find the best cheap Swiss Army knife but you’ve to pay attention to the weight and size. The lighter and more compact it is, the better the handling. Generally, a good Swiss Army knife does not exceed 250 g. Ideally, it is between 40 and 80 g for a size of 6 to 9 cm. Please note that the more tools a model is equipped, the heavier and more bulky it is. Some have a format that allows them to be attached to a keychain or put in a pocket.
- Functions : when it comes to the number of functions that the best Swiss Army knife 2022 can perform, they can range from 1 to more than 20. They range from a simple knife to other tools such as a corkscrew, a bottle opener, a can opener, a toothpick, scissors, tweezers, a file nails, a small saw, a blade, a cutter, a screwdriver, a compass, a magnifying glass, a flashlight, a fish scaler etc. For more expensive models, you can find a screen, a pen or even a USB socket. So target your needs well beforehand to get the best Swiss Army knife for yo shelf.
- The material : when buying the best Swiss army pocket knife, choose accessories made of stainless steel or damascus steel because they are more durable. For the handle, the wood is very elegant and good for the house but for outdoor use, it is better to choose rubber. Aluminum is the strongest and has the advantage of being light. Finally, Cellidor (plastic) stands out for its great robustness.
- The security system : In a good Swiss Army knife to keep, there are safety devices, including blocking systems that prevent accidental exits or retractions of the blades.
- The accessories : Sometimes the manufacturer provides a storage bag or case to preserve it as much as possible. Either way, remember to use a cloth to clean it after each use to prevent dirt from building up and damaging the knife.
- Outdoor GearLab, Best Pocket Knife of 2020, September 2, 2020